There are dozens of varieties of poker. Most people know Texas Hold’em and Omaha. But four card poker deserves attention, the rules of which are similar to 3 Cards Poker, but it also has its own differences. But before you get acquainted with them, we’ll tell you about the history of 4 Card Poker. The creator of this type of poker is Roger Snow – an employee of the company Shuffle Master, which is well known in the gaming industry.
Types of poker with 4 cards that are popular with players
4 Card Poker is played in a standard 52-card deck. There are no jokers in it, and aces are the most powerful cards. The goal of the game is to defeat the dealer by collecting a stronger hand. He will have five pocket cards at his disposal. In this case, to compose a combination, it is permissible to use only two.
Please note that four card poker does not allow card exchanges. That’s why the player needs to make combinations of the available cards, which complicates the task.
4 Card Poker Combinations
Since only four cards are used to make combinations, the rules for their formation differ from Omaha and Texas Hold’em. In total, this kind of poker provides eight combinations. Let’s look at them in detail:
- Straight Flush – Four suited cards in sequence.
- Four of a kind – four cards that have the same face value.
- Set – three cards, the same at face value.
- Flash – four suited cards.
- Street – four cards going sequentially in rank.
- Two pairs – two cards of the same face value and two of the other.
- A pair is two cards of the same rank.
- High card – in fact, there is no combination here, since the highest card in the hand is compared.
There are three types of bets in four card poker – Ante, Play, Aces Up. Each of them is different from each other. That’s why you should dwell on each of the bets in detail:
- Ante – a bet made at the very beginning of the game, when poker players have not yet received cards in their hands.
- Play – a bet that is made after the player has received cards in his hands. Minimum its size should be one Ante. The maximum of such a bet may be equal to three Ante.
- Aces Up – a bet that is not binding. The poker player does it at will. When betting Aces Up, he wagers that he will have a combination of two aces and higher on his hands. Payment at this rate is made separately, regardless of the outcome of the party.
Best four card poker slots
Free four card poker online game allows any player to enjoy the gameplay without risking their money. It is possible to download the mobile application and enjoy the presented card game at any convenient time. Now let’s move on to the rules that provides for four card poker. At the very beginning of the game, the poker player makes a mandatory Ante bet on the corresponding field. If he wants to put Aces Up, then he must do it immediately after Ante, without waiting for the cards to be dealt. The size of these bets must be equivalent.
When the chips are at stake, the dealer deals cards. An interesting feature is that poker players receive five cards each, and the dealer – six. Players can see the last card of the dealer, which allows them to get a small idea of the strength of the dealer’s hands.
The peculiarity of 4 Card Poker is that there is no such thing as a dealer’s lack of play. That is why the strength of the hands is compared in any case, the only exception is the situation when all poker players fold.
Play – a bet that is not binding. The player has the right not to commit it, if after the distribution he understands that the hand is weak. In this case, he can fold, that is, fold. However, in this case, he will lose the previously made bets. If the poker player sees that there is a chance to win with the dealt cards, then he needs to make a Play bet.